For those iPhone and Android smartphone users planning to attend the Miami International Boat Show on Thursday, you can get a show navigation app to run on your phone by going to the show website MiamiBoatShow.com. The Miami show claims to be the only U.S. boat show with its own mobile app. Give it a whirl and see how it works.
From the press release: Put the world’s premier boat show in the palm of your hand—the 70th annual Miami International Boat Show & Strictly Sail, running February 17-21, 2011, announced today the launch of the Miami International Boat Show & Strictly Sail App on iPhone and Android, the only U.S. boat show to have its own mobile application, offering visitors the chance to discover boating and turn their phones into an interactive boat show planner.
“The Miami International Boat Show & Strictly Sail show has three locations throughout Miami Beach with thousands of the world’s leading brands and exhibitors – our new mobile application gives visitors an exclusive opportunity to personalize their show experience right from the palm of their hand,” stated Cathy Rick-Joule, show manager. “We’re excited to be the only boat show with a mobile application and offer our attendees and exhibitors an innovative way to navigate and organize their boat show experience.”
Features of the MIAMI BOAT SHOW app include:
- Plotting & Charting-Events and Customize Schedule: Find “Where” and “When” for every event at the show. Filter by day and/or location. Create a custom schedule; add or remove events with one touch.
- Exhibitor, Seminar and Product Information: Click for complete descriptions, lists of speakers, manufacturers and exhibitors. Drill down to bios of seminar speakers, exhibitor websites and descriptions of featured products.
- Boat Listing: See all boats on display in the show, find boat specifics and link through to manufacturers’ pages.
- Search: Looking for a specific boat or event on the show floor? Type in the product, event, or speaker to instantly locate anything at the show.
- Get Show ‘Social’: Catch the latest show news from the instant Miami International Boat Show & Strictly Sail Facebook and Twitter feed, plus share the show with your boating buddies – post photos, update your status or tweet right from the app.
- Set Your Course with Maps: Find maps of all three show sites that allow you to scroll and zoom to pinpoint anything on the show floor.
- ‘Sound Waves’ – Miami Boat Show Radio: Get in the boat show groove. Listen to nautical inspired tunes, boat show celebrity interviews and more.
Don’t miss the boat, and download your free MIAMI BOAT SHOW app for iPhone or Android. Or, download the MIAMI BOAT SHOW app for Android directly to your phone here. Visit the Mobile App page on MiamiBoatShow.com for more details.