With only few boats still to finish, the results of the 2023 Transpac are largely set. This year’s race had 52 entries in 9 divisions. As a co-sponsor of the race, Ocean Navigator magazine was honored to have our own named class. And the winner in the Ocean Navigator class was Nereid, a J 125 owned and skippered by Standish Fleming and based in San Diego (also the headquarters for Maritime Publishing, ON‘s parent company). Fleming and his crew of Bill Blazer, Damian Craig, Jeremy Davidson, Richard Graef and Charlie Jenkins not only finished first in class on corrected time but also finished second overall in the fleet. Impressive racing.
The other finishers in the ON class were:
2. the J 125 Arsenal, owned by Andrew Picel;
3. the Ker 45+ Denali 3, owned by William McKinley;
4. the J 125 Velvet Hammer, owned by James Nichols
5. the J 125 Reinrag2, owned by Thomas Garnier
6. the Rogers 46, Groundhog Day, owned by Rich Festa.