Garmin BlueChart Mobile Marine & Trip Planning Application
Using exclusive BlueChart® g2 marine cartography, plan and view routes on your iPad® or iPhone® with BlueChart Mobile. Plus, you can easily and wirelessly transfer those routes to your Garmin chartplotter. Even if you don’t have a Garmin chartplotter, you can still take advantage of the tremendous features of BlueChart on your Apple device. After all, it is from Garmin, the world’s most trusted name in GPS navigation.
Download the Garmin BlueChart Mobile app for free then purchase detailed BlueChart maps from the Garmin store located in “Settings.”
About the charts:
Garmin BlueChart is our exclusive marine cartography, an invaluable tool for any mariner. It gives you interactive viewing of detailed nautical chart data with innovative object-oriented cartography as well as:
• Detailed electronic nautical charts styled to look like paper charts, featuring smooth layering and excellent integration of map graphics, for easy panning, scrolling and zooming
• Rich colors and shading for easier interpretation and improved visibility
• Descriptive details for features typically found on nautical charts can easily be viewed and provide descriptions for contour depths, navaid details, and much more
• Realistic navigation features include shading between depth contours, inter-tidal zones, spot soundings, wrecks, navaids, port plans, obstructions, restricted areas, cable areas, anchorages and more
• BlueChart includes IALA navaid symbology, marine services, tides and currents
Enjoy ActiveCaptain Community-Generated Content
• Web community of mariners that generates real-time content for use by fellow mariners
• Read and contribute reviews and ratings about marinas, shared local boating knowledge, anchorages and hazards
• Join the community of more than 100,000 boaters who write reviews, update data, and provide up-to-date hazard information on ActiveCaptain
About the app:
Garmin BlueChart Mobile includes features of Garmin BlueChart and ActiveCaptain and gives you the ability to plan your marine adventures on your Apple device from anywhere!
• Garmin BlueChart Mobile uses the same object-oriented, feature rich and highly accurate BlueChart data available for Garmin chartplotters
• View shaded depth contours and inter-tidal zones with spot soundings
• Plan trips around marina points of interest and slipways
• Keep track of weather conditions including, temperatures, dewpoints, wind direction/speeds, radar and cloud cover overlaid on the chart data
• Use ActiveCaptain community-generated content
• Use the intuitive radial menu to mark waypoints, establish a destination for your route, and learn more about the features on the map
• Search through BlueChart services and ActiveCaptain marinas for a marine service point, find the phone number, hours of operation, and information about amenities and services available
• View tide station and current prediction information with the touch of a finger
When on board, you can use the marine Wi-Fi Adapter kit (sold separately) to connect your iPad to your networked chartplotter and wirelessly transfer your routes, waypoints and tracks between your iPad or iPhone and chartplotter (Wi-Fi adapter is not required with new GPSMAP® 5×1 and 7×1 series or echoMAP® 50s and 70s series combos because they include built-in wireless connectivity). Once underway, the wireless adapter also lets your iPad “follow the boat” along its route by wirelessly sharing the GPS location from the marine network. This is the most accurate way for passengers to see the boat’s progress and position from anywhere on the boat when iPad assisted-GPS is unavailable.
Make your Apple device part of the crew.
Note: Continued use of wi-fi or GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.