Coast Guard rescues sailor with carbon monoxide poisoning

A Coast Guard rescue team from Air Station Los Angeles rescued a man from a 37-foot sailboat after he fell victim to carbon monoxide poisoning.

From the press release:

“Based on the boat crew and paramedic’s recommendations, we lowered a basket to recover the patient”, said Petty Officer 3rd Class Brad Rode, “The excellent teamwork between the boat crew and helo allowed for a safe and efficient transfer and delivery to the hospital.” The Coast Guard air crew transferred the man to Saint John’s Hospital in Oxnard.

By Ocean Navigator